Sunday, June 1, 2014

I Started a Firestorm on LinkedIn

I posted the following statement, "Fully 93% of communication is nonverbal. That does NOT mean that words are unimportant; it does mean that a great deal must be attributed to the messenger, rather than the message," and the responses I got were unbelievable: from complete misinterpretation to sarcasm to outright disagreement (with a bit of hostility thrown in for good measure).  It seems people on the whole are quite attached to their ability to make sounds with their mouths.  True, of all the creatures, we are "blessed" with the ability to speak, but I'm one who believes so much of communication is nonverbal.  Notice, I didn't say "talking" is nonverbal - but communication is so much deeper and more intricate and complex than the words we use, however eloquent. Click here to follow the thread.


No comments:

Post a Comment